Monday 4 June 2007

moon

Standing on a hill in the dead of night
looking up at the moon so silvery white and clean
reflecting all that light for all to see
you look so peaceful drifting across the sky
slowly I turn from your glare.

To stare down from the hill turning slowly your
light encases my shadow and unshaded leaves quiver within
the strays of light

Ahead of me the orange glow from the town below pierces the dark
I feel the disease of human activity
one day men will come to you with machines
to pillage your minerals and than they will export the rubbish
from here to you and your reflected light will be no more.

1 comment:

Annie Wicking said...

How right you will be... I'm sure there will come a time when man will rob the moon too.

I enjoyed reading your verse.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Annie

The Old Git

The Old Git
The pigeon wild, not tame he seem to like me

The Number of visitors I've welcome to my blog