Wednesday 6 June 2007

Spider Cottage



Through the door I can not see
The solid oak prevents me
I turn the key in the lock and slide the bolts across
Pulling hard as I grasp the fluted brass knob
An extra tug to free it from the frame
Swollen by last nights rain
Rays of sunlight pouring in Adjusting my eyes to the light
Behold the wonders there Spider webs abound glisten and dance around
As the rush of air passes through
Be careful not to rush take in the view
Garden looks so very new after the rain and morning dew
The spiders who made the webs lives here too
I watch them spin their webs then hide in the mortar around the frame
While some take to the flower bed and pastures new

2 comments:

Annie Wicking said...

This is lovely, old git.

Best wishes

Annie

fotoface said...

makes you dream while you read.
thank you, i wish there were more comments from other bloggers

The Old Git

The Old Git
The pigeon wild, not tame he seem to like me

The Number of visitors I've welcome to my blog