Friday 22 June 2007

woodland glade


I stand here in the old cemetery not so far from town
where the traffic blissfully goes by, on the old
railway line .
The patrons who were laid here to rest once siblings
of the families, who planted saplings
to make the woodland cemetery .
Like the railway the families have gone, no more
are the graves cared for, no-one comes on bended knee
with flowers and no-one grieves .
Broken headstones countless weeds ,below the ground
only decay where many tears did fall,
encouraged the trees to grow tall, in this
a woodland cemetery.


2 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

What poignant words...and yet the memories live on in the trees. Loved this piece Old Git.

fotoface said...

theres more to write on
this one, saved in my head for another time .

soon !!
thanks janice

The Old Git

The Old Git
The pigeon wild, not tame he seem to like me

The Number of visitors I've welcome to my blog