Thursday 5 July 2007

be seated

Seating made for three looking out over the estuary , Who comes to enjoy the view,
do they come in two's , are they here for the air with its smell of salt water.
Are they here to listen to the tide lapping the shore .
Or do they watch it retreat back to the sea leaving behind the mud and seaweed.
If you sit here for awhile there's sure to be a passerby walking the dog ,
greetings are exchanged the dog comes back for another sniff and is called away .
Now its time to leave as it gets a little chilly if you come late in the day
so the seating made for three keeps a watch over the estuary.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I love this...I sat on such a bench recently while visiting my daughter near San Diego...we walked through a Reflection Garden on the ocean...just the "two of us" and shared a quiet moment.

You certainly captured the mood in your comentary...loved it.

Janice Thomson said...

Love the musing here and the feeling it evokes...there's something about a bench overlooking the sea isn't there. Wonderful photo old git.

The Old Git

The Old Git
The pigeon wild, not tame he seem to like me

The Number of visitors I've welcome to my blog