Thursday 26 July 2007

so old

See how I stand, reflecting myself in this watery corridor cut into the land.
Horse drawn canal boats no longer pass this way, timber was their trade.
Only fish and floating weed pass under me, also the odd canal boat or canoeist.
My bricks are well made, but the mortar is showing its age.
Well I am two hundred and ten years old, waiting for you to cross over me,
so that you can see the wild life all around this watery place.
Swans, ducks and geese pass by, you too can see my reflection if you come when the sun is on me.

4 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

Gosh I love old bridges...this would be the start of a wonderful walk into the woods

fotoface said...

janice
it draws you in !!
thanks for comment.

Wanda said...

This is a lovely bridge and a great picture, but I can't help thinking of the "The Three Billy Goat's Gruff...and the troll that lived under the bridge...did you see one?

fotoface said...

wanda
if there is a troll he's kept himself well hidden !!

The Old Git

The Old Git
The pigeon wild, not tame he seem to like me

The Number of visitors I've welcome to my blog